general information >> volunteers
Be a PAL in a World of Wonder!
YOU can make a difference in a child's life as a volunteer at the Hawaii Children's Discovery Center!
Our volunteers, affectionately known as PALs - People Assisting Learning - are committed to the Center's mission. Our volunteers are extremely important members of our team who do everything from assisting with mailings or helping at special events, to facilitating exploration and discovery in our exhibit galleries.
The Center nurtures and empowers children and provides activities and programs that help to strengthen families. Our exhibits are designed to help children develop a positive self-concept and to understand others in a multicultural community. Through their work in the Center, our PALs help to promote our philosophy that learning is a life-long endeavor. The multifaceted services of our volunteer PALs enable us to accomplish countless exciting activities, programs and goals.
Volunteer Opportunities for:
• Adults of all ages
• Youths ages 15-17
• College interns
• Community organizations
Benefits to PALs include the following:
• Interact with children and gain an understanding of how they learn
• Receive specialized training and develop new personal skills
• Develop new friendships and interests
• Earn guest passes to the Center
• Enjoy discounts in our educational toy store, "Just for You, Kid!"
• Receive a subscription to the Center's quarterly newsletter, The Rainbow Connection
• Be recognized as a member of the Center's Dream Team
• Know that your efforts are making a difference in the lives of children
• Work in an exciting and innovative learning environment
If you are interested in volunteering and becoming a PAL please contact us at email@example.com
Download Volunteer Information
Fall Break Discovery Camp Volunteer
Dates: Oct. 7-11
Time: 8:30am-12:30pm or 12:30-4:30pm
Volunteers are needed to assist with the implementation of our Camp curriculum for children 5-10 years old. Please call 524-5437 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a camp volunteer.
Download Camp Volunteer Information